View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 01:27 AM   #8
im.rocketeer

Drives: 2013 Toyota-86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzmitry View Post
Try posting a data log, some knowledgeable folks here may be able to see a problem in there. It should naturally record all parameters.

I would check ALL lines for leaks or cracks just in case. How old is your vehicle? Any mods on it other than the fuel pump? Were you experiencing any other issues or odd things building up to this?
What made you replace the fuel pump? Maybe there are other issues related to the fuel system? - Fuel pressure regulator, restricted fuel lines, bad fuel injectors.

P0172 is a pretty general code and could be a number of things.
1. Bad or dirty MAF (seems like you've checked that already). Though it could potentially still be the cause if it is simply not working properly anymore.
2. Faulty O2 sensor (unlikely as your car should turn over I would think and be able to run, but possible).
3. Spark plugs (unlikely unless you have been experiencing a loss of power for some time now).
4. Injectors (rare to be the issue on this platform as far as I know, but possible).
5. Fuel pressure regulator.

EDIT: Out of everything mentioned, I think the most likely culprit is either an air leak somewhere in the hoses or something with the fuel system causing you not to get enough fuel to keep the car running. So I would do a solid check on all the hoses, especially at their bends and clamps. Then look into fuel system related items that I mentioned above.
@Dzmitry

Vehicle Mods

- HKS v1 Supercharger
- HKS Superfire Racing Spark Plugs (installed it while dealing with this issue.)
- Deatschwerks 65c
- Grimspeed Airfilter

** Apart from the stalling, the rpm hesitates to go up upon wide open throttle. A sort of popping sound came from the engine bay when instant accelerating. I suspected it was the DI injector seal and got it changed but the problem remained like before. I also checked almost all the vacuum lines including the one under the manifold and found no potential leaks.

Thank you @Dzmitry and everyone for your precious time.

Last edited by im.rocketeer; 08-15-2021 at 01:41 AM.
im.rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to im.rocketeer For This Useful Post:
Dzmitry (08-16-2021)