Old 04-16-2021, 12:43 PM   #222
Dake

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittykate View Post
Gotta say the subie version is much better looking
Aesthetics are definitely up to the individual. To me, the BRZ looks like a discount Panamera (which is not an especially pretty Porsche). I think this is a much better front end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-86 View Post
In that case, they should give the option to deliver the car with black painted steelies to save some money. Which I think they actually did in Japan with gen 1, which came in a stripper model with black bumpers, no stereo etc for those who were going to mod it all anyway.
Yeah - at this point I'd definitely take the car with steelies (though I still want the other good stuff )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzmitry View Post
So since the BRZ and 86 both decided to poke their nose out like Pinocchio, I assume they did it for the purpose of needing more room behind that bumper for whatever was added or enlarged? Otherwise I would have far preferred the look of the rendering in terms of how far the bumper pokes. Hope there was a purpose for it and not just a styling thing.

EDIT: Forgot it wasn't going to pull the photo's along with this response, but people know what I'm referring to I assume.

....Interesting... so they want the car to break the person at the knee instead of the quad/thigh?
As other's have mentioned, it's about making the striking area long enough to catch the pedestrian without having their head impact the windshield.

It is a little long, but I do appreciate the way the 86 does it over the BRZ. I've always liked the old shark-nose BMWs, and this has a hint of that going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StE92ve View Post
I only just noticed there's even aero on the side markers! A single little dart or vortex generator.
Dake is offline   Reply With Quote