soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest72 View Post
I have to disagree. After a long day at work, sitting in stop and go traffic in the oranges on the GSP sucks in my AT. Don’t see how it’s more fun or engaging to push a clutch in and release to go 5 feet, stop and do it over again for 15-30 min everyday. It gets old fast.

Without a doubt , MT is more fun and engaging in all other scenarios.
then don't. wait until traffic moves up another 20-30 feet before moving. i did this for a couple years in chicago traffic, which just topped the list for some of the worst traffic in the states... and i know, BUT PEOPLE ARE GOING TO COME INTO MYYYYYYY LANE!!! I OWN THIS LANE!! THIS LANE IS MY CHILD!! I MORTGAGED THIS LANE!!!! well, yea, they do that, and then they tend to jump back out into another lane shortly, and i'll end up passing them later.

it's actually what ended up making the entire process more enjoyable to me, as everyone was all but murdering each other to move 0.5' at a time, and here i am just chilling leaving gaps of 30-50', only to end up passing these murderous rampaging lunatics that are swerving, using the shoulder, and can see the veins popping out of their heads from all the stress... first step is acknolwedging that traffic is moving, there's no alternative, and it will eventually move. so turn up the music, or if you're into talking dj's, enjoy their banter, and just let it go.

the real problem with driving stickshift in traffic isn't the car. it's the stubborn road ownership violence issues.

and keep in mind, i did this all in a work-truck spec, single cab chevy colorado, which is the most abysmal place to ever be. they make nicer prison cells.
The Red One (01-16-2022), Yoshoobaroo (01-16-2022)