Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,205 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
it's funny, because all my car ever see's is traffic. hell, i take routes that specifically have more traffic lights just for the excuse to row all the way down and back up again...

growing up, my parents kept telling me and my 2 brothers that we would HATE driving stick. first 2 cars, they demanded that they had to be automatic.

around the time i bought my first manual, my brothers both bought manuals as well. i've still got mine, they had to sell theirs for personal reasons, though both really wish they could've stretched financially to keep the manuals...

with these new cars clutches, i really don't get what all the fuss is about with 'traffic' and manuals... i drove through chicago rush hour for 2 years with a manual.

find someone to teach you, or read up on how to do it, find a dealer with a manual, and try it! either you'll like it, or you'll hate it. i get bored easily driving. i love being able to do something else that interacts with the process.
I actually sometimes question the MT vs AT in traffic debate.
If you are proficient with MT, then its almost a non-issue IMO.

I never think about "oh my legs and arms are getting tired of this" because im just so used to modulating the clutch with my left leg and shifting with my right arm, its pretty much second nature.
It was actually very weird giving up the MT the first time around after driving MT the majority of the time because my leg and arm has nothing to do anymore lol. I would instinctively have my limbs just gravitate towards that third pedal and shifter, which don't exist.
Sasquachulator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sasquachulator For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (01-19-2022), NoHaveMSG (01-12-2022), Ultramaroon (01-12-2022)