View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 06:48 PM   #15
Slade

Drives: 14 Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey can I ask a few questions? I drive a 2014 BRZ A/T, only bolt on mods and a tune, nothing crazy. (Front pipe, EL catless header, Exhaust, drop in filter) nothing crazy. I need new motor mounts. I've done some research on these forums and it seems that:

-If you have some mods, you shouldn't replace your mounts with another set of OEM mounts, is that right?
-Cusco and Perrin add a lot of NVH which is something I do not want because this is my daily.
STI mounts add very little NVH, but they are still recommended for a car with some mods. They are almost like OEM+, so it seems like this is the route I should go with correct?

Now with the transmission mount. You don't actually need to replace the entire thing, just the rubber insert is that correct? Does it matter if I have an A/T? I'm considering getting the Whiteline insert. But will that add any NVH? I'm not clear on that for the transmission mount.

Thanks for your help, I just want to make sure I buy the best thing for my preference. Sorry if these are silly questions, I'm just not 100% clear.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote