View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 10:05 AM   #13
Russellr1994

Drives: 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaXx View Post
Skys the limit bud, and you certainly are not out of your mind for wanting a 12,000$ car and turboing it for 6-7,000$. My pet peev is NA people warning of "the dangers of turboing". Spend some time reading/posting in "greddy turbo owners thread" and such. I know a few of the people above me are boosted, and in fact make good points. But plainly you dont need to budget brakes etc in when doing engine work. You need to do brakes, when your pads and rotors are worn low, ok?

I am JRSC supercharged on stock clutch, 262wheel. Aim for this, its ~100 hp gain from stock and is perfectly reasonable, and leaves the car just under the 1:10 power:weight ratio. 260:2800. Thos power level is perfectly comfortable for the block+transmission, and you would not need to budge for another motor.

We need to get over this notion that forced enduction explodes engine blocks. It's how you drive it. Do you drive it like a car? Do you drift it?

My advice is buy a car w 75kmiles, turbo it, and enjoy your life. You dont have to build a endurance prepped racecar for the road.
I appreciate this answer a lot. I basically just wanted to hear it wasn't the stupidest thing in the world and that I wasn't some moron for wanting this. So honestly appreciate your honesty and giving me one vote of confidence lol.
Russellr1994 is offline   Reply With Quote