Old 07-30-2019, 10:06 AM   #5
pgranberg11
BoostedBRZ

Drives: Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pillbox View Post
Thank you, I just went through your build thread, you've done awesome things to your 86!

The Lexus is a great mature city car, but boring. I wanted something with a playful side whilst still looking mature, so I opted for the S3.

I had spent a fortune overhauling the engine and suspension on the Financial Disaster. I took the FD to the track for a shakedown shortly after, and the whole car performed admirably. However, there's a constant lingering worry of things failing I couldn't shake, and it was stressing me out. To get the FD to where I really want it as a reliable track car, I had to throw another fortune at it that I didn't have. I decided to cut my losses and sell the car to a local enthusiast, who actually ended up instructing me at The Ridge! He's had some small issues, but overall he's very impressed with the car, and I'm just happy it's being used as Mazda intended.

The BRZ has been a much more "forgiving" platform to modify and track. Especially since I have no idea what I'm doing, yet I insist on doing everything myself

Ah I see. That's fair. FD = financial disaster haha that's a good one. a turbo twin is a lot of fun, especially on track it just feels like it needed that power the whole time. I always looked at getting a lexus like that as a DD, but i stuck with my subaru roots and got a 2013 wrx hatch. sometimes i wish i went with the lexus at other times i don't. so thanks on your thoughts! good luck with the build!
pgranberg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pgranberg11 For This Useful Post:
pillbox (07-30-2019)