Old 01-18-2021, 11:04 AM   #36
AnalogMan

Drives: 2019 BRZ Limited 6 speed Red
Thanked 1,012 Times in 338 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
For any car that I want and serious about buying, I always wait for the refresh and decide. Or the next gen and then decide. So for this, if I do decide to get another BRZ/86, I'll wait for the refresh (another 4-5 years) and just enjoy my '17 for the meantime.
Except that there might not be any 'refresh' with this second-generation BRZ. Given the shrinking sports car market, and the seemingly relentless move to 'greener' cars (BEVs, hybrids, etc.), and the low sales of the first generation BRZ/86, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this second generation car is the last of the line.

Unless the sales surprise everyone (most of all Subaru and Toyota) and vastly exceed expectations, other than the usual irrelevant minor trim changes just to give the marketing department something to talk about (NEW!!!), I'd bet when sales of the car taper off after a few years, it'll be quietly discontinued.

I sincerely hope not, but I think that's what's in the cards. Enjoy it now while you can. The days of gas-powered, internal-combustion, manual transmission, inexpensive sports cars are sadly numbered.
AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnalogMan For This Useful Post:
Dirty Harry (01-22-2021), DriveDriftDogfight86 (01-22-2021)