Old 04-12-2021, 12:00 PM   #76940
wolffbite
Just the tip

Drives: 2017 DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffbite View Post
She is doing OK. The day she found out she was understandably pretty hysterical and was feeling hopeless, but has settled down considerably and is trying her best to avoid too much "what if" thinking about treatment. I've been seeing my parents pretty much every day since last November just to try and keep sane during the pandemic, and I will continue to do that as long as they need.

I'm also trying to make sure my dad is OK. He doesn't express his feelings much but this is one of the few times I've seen him be openly upset and tear up a bit. We are extremely close and honestly I consider him one of my best friends so I am making sure he has support too. Next year is their 50th wedding anniversary, but we aren't letting this news stop any planning for that celebration at this point.

Our immediate and extended family pretty much all live within an hour of each other so we are all rallying around her for support. She is definitely not alone in this.

Thanks for the kinds words and thoughts everyone. It's going to be a battle but we will stay as positive as we can.
Mom is in for a lumpectomy on April 22. 4-6 weeks to heal and then they will determine if further treatment (radiation most likely) is necessary.

Her latest appointment with oncologist went very well... confirmed it is very small and caught early and that her lymph nodes are clear.

It's not over yet but this news is good context for moving forward, and has provided some relief for everyone.

Other good news is both my parents got their first vaccine dose on Saturday...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wolffbite For This Useful Post:
humfrz (04-12-2021), NoHaveMSG (04-12-2021), soundman98 (04-12-2021), Tcoat (04-12-2021), Ultramaroon (04-12-2021)