Old 04-12-2021, 07:42 AM   #76938
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
Most lottery winners end up in worse shape after winning than before. And the phone calls never. ever. stop.

Me being dutch, I'm distantly related to 3/4's of the entire illinois/iowa/michigan/indiana region.

I'd have to use the money to set up a call center
This is not true. Like anything else you hear the horror stories while the success ones stay silent. I watched a video on this topic not long ago (a YouTube rabbit hole situation) and only 12 to 15% of the winners of large prizes end up worse off afterward. Most of those were people that had no money at all before the win and had absolutely no idea how to manage money. It wasn't so much that the "wasted" it but more of a thought process there was so much it would never all be gone.
Those that were a bit more savoy actually made more money from their winnings. Most of course were someplace in the middle where they didn't lose it all and just lived comfortably.
Yes the common complaint was people constantly asking for a piece of the pie but most said that they could deal with that just by saying no.
p1l0t (04-12-2021), Sapphireho (04-12-2021), soundman98 (04-12-2021), Spuds (04-12-2021)