Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS Justin View Post
I can swap a axle in 15 minutes

1 Jack car under diff
2 Remove axle nut
3 Take a hammer and punch hit axle on the outer shaft too make sure it slides freely
4 remove outer bolt on lower control arm ( note you also might have to remove sway bar bolt) and pull down to free spindle
5 Push rear of tire out, it should move out and forward while sliding the axle out and down.
6 Take a pry bar between axle and diff case be sure not to pry against the seal and pop out axle
7 reverse procedure for install.

If its your first time figure on 30 to 40 a side after you do one it will be super easy and fast. I also suggest getting all your tools needed laid out where your going to need them. Torque axle nut to specs don't just tighten it or you will have a clicking noise or early bearing failure. On that note you should really torque everything to do it right. Also some people like to take the rear tow link off also to make it easier to remove and install axle not necessary but that's a option you might consider.
When your trying to remove the axle it clips in to the diff so don't be gentle she likes it rough, and will pop out but your not going to get it out being gentle.
No alignment needed if you only remove ball joint side of tow control link
good luck

Axle nut 140ft-lbs
Rear stabilizer Link assembly x Rear No. 2 suspension arm assembly 28 ft-lbs
Rear No. 1 suspension arm assembly x Rear axle carrier sub-assembly 81 ft-lbs
Rear No. 2 suspension arm assembly x Rear axle carrier sub-assembly 59 ft-lbs

Toe control link sub-assembly x Rear axle carrier sub-assembly 44 ft-lbs

Thanks bud. You're a life saver. I'll let you know how it goes this weekend. Also I hope your frs is ready because I'll definitely be going up to SAR to meet up and race.
FT86RGV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FT86RGV For This Useful Post:
FRS Justin (02-09-2016)