View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #566
Mikem53

Drives: FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I owned 4 vettes in the last 14 years.. My last one was a 08 with Z51 and NPP option. Loved the car and hated it.. Loved the power.. Pulls like a freight train down low and keeps pulling at high rpms too.. Never stops pushing u back in the seat.. Comfortable and good looking.. Hated the run crap tires. I ditched them early on for some normal performance rubber.. The run flats got better with each vette I owned.. But I still prefer normal tires..
The vette is very rigid.. It gives you that one piece feel you need in a sports car.. But I always found the corners too heavy.. The damn wheels and tires are too big and heavy.. I always had road trammel going on.. And I never liked that in normal driving.. The damn thing is a target too.. Cops, Honda civics.. They all want to either give you a ticket or race you.. And parking it was always a hassle.. Not the best grocery getter... But it had lots of cargo space and one of the best hwy cruisers ever.. I found myself driving slower in the vette than in my beater car.. You can't play with it as much cause its too fast.. Put ur foot down for 2 seconds and your breaking speed limits and other laws..
I went with the FRS because it makes more sense on the street.. I can push it and have more fun with its low grip, low power all day long.. And I like the narrow tires MUCH better for everyday use.. While I miss the power of the LS3 and that V8 rumble.. I like driving the FRS more.. And being able to wind it out all the time.. It also feels more nimble than the vette.. Sometime less is more.. And driving a slow car fast is more fun than driving a fast car slow..
Mikem53 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikem53 For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (08-22-2013), dem00n (08-23-2013)