Old 10-22-2020, 04:07 AM   #73222
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Well, its a hallmark day in the Hawk household. We mailed back our last Netflix DVD, having finally cancelled the DVD subscription after (oh my god) 21 years.

Not sure what it says about us that the first DVD that was shipped to us was American Pie and the last one was Godzilla, King of the Monsters. There were over 2,000 DVDs in-between those two.

When we first joined, it took a minimum 4 day turn around time. By the end, we had consistently gotten the next DVD within 2 days, and twice we got one the next day.

We still have the streaming service, and there are still movies you can only find on the DVD service (some aren't streaming anywhere) but it was time to let it go.
First I heard of it was about 15 years ago.

But all that story really does is make me reminisce about the days of my brother and I riding our bikes to the neighborhood Blockbuster and trying to find movies and video games to rent.

There's no real experience like it anymore.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (10-22-2020), humfrz (10-22-2020), Spuds (10-22-2020), Tcoat (10-22-2020), Ultramaroon (10-22-2020)