View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 04:38 AM   #14
BRZoomTX

Drives: '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Um, if adjusting the PI to DI ratios is throwing off your fuel trims, then you have an injector scaling problem and your tune is not correct. Going from 100% DI to 100% DI in any particular cell will not throw off fuel trims on properly calibrated injectors, or anywhere in between.

We fit larger port injectors to supply the additional fuel needed for boost because we have no direct injector replacements. The car overall will run much more smooth in low load on 100% DI especially when using larger port injectors. Running either set full time should not throw off your fuel trims any more than the other. If they do, your fueling is not tuned properly.

Touching on the info above me, I set up my car to run 100% DI up to .6 load. This will help the car run a lot better in load load situations (city driving) and transitional throttle situations. If you run 100% PI on large port injectors you may get some sputtering or hesitation when getting on and off the throttle, This is just because it takes longer for larger port injectors to supply low amounts of fuel than the stock direct injectors. Tip in can be tweaked to help but you really have no reason to run the port injectors under low load. Running 100% DI keeps things more cool as well on e85.

Last edited by BRZoomTX; 03-14-2016 at 04:59 AM.
BRZoomTX is offline   Reply With Quote