View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 06:21 PM   #54
snowtaipan

Drives: '17 BRZ Series Yellow Edelbrock SC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
I think I figured something out. I did an idle log. I have never done one. I did it just to see what my MAP at idle shows to compare to yours, and it shows 0.32 bar, which is 0.68 bar below atmospheric or 9.86 psi of vacuum, but my gauge showed roughly 20 psi of vacuum. See the log below where I tried to replicate your startup logs, which was a warm start--not a cold start (this is a custom tune on E85, just FYI):

https://datazap.me/u/jirace/test-com...0&data=8-25-29

Honestly, I am not a tuner, so I am lost on why the log doesn't show more vacuum. My gauge is accurate. I know ECUTEK has limits on boost (or at least 19 psi was all it could log), but I don't know if it has limits on low MAP values too or what. In short, maybe the MAP is fine on your logs.

I'm honestly kind of lost. We can't compare fuel tables because of my 770cc port injectors and E85.

Going back to your trouble codes, it said the direct injectors in bank 1 were faulty and you got a lean condition. I don't know if one of your direct injectors failed causing a lean situation, or if your direct injector seals failed, but the latter could introduce unmetered air under piston expansion and could result in a poor idle because of compression loss. Outside of that and a bad o2 sensor or crack in your manifold, I just don't know man. I need to hand this one over to someone more knowledgeable.

@tomm.brz
@steve99

What is normal guys? Should his atmospheric pressure be 1.0 if he is at 5000 feet. Mine is 1.01 and stays there. My MAP starts at 1.01 and goes down. His starts at 0.88 and goes down, but his atmospheric pressure says 1.0. Why doesn't our logs indicate more vacuum at idle? My gauge says 20 psi of vacuum, but my idle log says like 9 psi. I know the gauge is accurate.
I know at idle there has to be vacuum, opening the BPV. As RPMs go up, vacuum at the top drops, shutting the BPV and creating boost. The BPV retracts (opens) at 10in/hg or 5 PSI vacuum.

If an injector went out, I'd think I'd have a misfire code or detonation, wouldn't I? What would a gad injector do to timing advance?

I pinned out both O2 sensors, both are good, but I noticed that A/F sensor 1 reads normal but O2 sensor 2 reads super rich (It should be at most .55v, its reading .8!)

I also had new codes: P0171 P0170 and P117B
The only thing all three have in common is the ECM and fuel pressure. I can see that my pump isn't at max output, but my fuel rail pressure doesn't have a reading at all.
snowtaipan is offline   Reply With Quote