View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 04:39 PM   #47
snowtaipan

Drives: '17 BRZ Series Yellow Edelbrock SC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I brought one of my buddies over, long story short no leak found. I did realize that, before the SC I was idling around 900 and now it want to sit at 650, and if I hold at 900 the LTFT and STFT are much better.

Everything holds pressure. We capped off the intake and smoked through the left side PCV hose, with the BPV open and the back of the SC capped. No smoke, anywhere. This cannot be a vacuum leak, ever part of it has been checked twice now. We sprayed the injectors, the base of the runners, the TB, the hoses etc with cleaner, no RPM change. We tried spraying water, no stumble and no slurping. This looks like a vacuum leak but someone needs to point to a vacuum leak spot that I haven't checked. I think it's something other than a vacuum leak at this point.
(Both PCV valves, TB, brake booster, EGR solenoid, runners, BPV)

The manifold uses pressure to open the BPV, when you open the throttle up the vacuum drops allowing boost. The BPV holds open, moving at 5 in/hg and full open at 10. It doesn't drop pressure over 10 minutes. We tried disconnecting the BPV and capping the vacuum tube at the back of the SC, it had no effect on LTFT. While hooked up, BPV pulls in (open, bypassing the SC,) and releases when I blip it. So the BPV is good.

BPV=GOOD
Leaks=GOOD

What else is there? The computer thinks I'm lean, raising FT to adjust for it.

At this point I think that the tune sets the idle RPM too low (650 instead of 900) and sets the commanded AFR to 14.67 when it needs to be leaner. Or the tune is reading the o2 sensor wrong, and is seeing it lean when it's not.

Does anyone have an Edelbrock tuning contact I can reach out to? I'm wondering if they sent a tune from like a 2016 or something by accident?

Moar logs
https://datazap.me/u/snowtaipan/log-...3?log=0&data=7
(BPV disconnected)
https://datazap.me/u/snowtaipan/p017...l?log=0&data=7
snowtaipan is offline   Reply With Quote