View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 11:09 PM   #22
Ebush

Drives: 2017 Hot Lava 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
I feel like of these questions and comments would be better served in the Kpower kit thread.

Did you email them, and did they get back to you? I had planned on driving a few miles down the street to Fujimoto’s distribution warehouse to see if I could pick up a valve for this build. I had one on my FA20, and I won’t be going back. I will probably hammer the subframe and do a valve if it will clear. Weird that they didn’t design that better. Even in their writeup it is clearly blocked by the subframe.
I kinda forgot that this thread was just a general kswap owner thread and that the other is specifically for Kpower. Didn’t email them but David commented on my Instagram post and told me to email him. Not like he can do anything about it at this point. Oil pans on the engine, and the engines in the car. It’s not coming out unless I need to replace the clutch or if the engine blows. I’ll just get one of those oil extractor things To suck the oil out.

I don’t think a valve would work down there as there just isn’t any room between the current bolt and subframe. Best bet would be to install a new drain bolt. And maybe even a dipstick right there on the oil pan since our normal dipstick is pretty useless. Took me 3 minutes to install the dipstick. Just hits the baffling inside the pan.
Ebush is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebush For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (11-22-2021)