View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 03:39 PM   #25
Hellafunctional

Drives:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Adjusting camber with a LCA affects toe, but toe won't be off just because the car is lowered. I haven't looked close enough, but I don't think there is much bump steer (change in toe from suspension movement) which is what would be needed to cause toe to be out just from lowering.

Now, if you adjust the LCA to change camber, you'll most definitely throw the toe off with it.

It does not matter if you intentionally or inadvertently alter your camber setting, toe adjustment is directly linked to the camber setting. The degree to which the toe will be altered via changed ride height is dependent on the degree(s) of camber added(or removed).

In summary,

In the case of ride height,

Ride height alters camber > camber alters toe > toe is altered

In the case of LCA adjustment

Altered camber > toe is altered

You can think of it like this, sit down on a chair and use your toe as an anchor. Now push your knee down(altered ride height). You will notice your tibia increase in angle(altered camber) and your heel swing out(altered toe). This is why lowered cars often end up with toe in.

Hope this helps. I do not pretend to be an expert on anything (I'm just your everyday enthusiast) so please do not hesitate to correct me if I'm wrong.
Hellafunctional is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hellafunctional For This Useful Post:
bacon_cheese_beer (12-08-2014)