Old 10-29-2019, 03:52 PM   #8
YamahaR86
JDM Vaping Stance Nation

Drives: 2013 White
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
That is on the tuner, not on the product. If you were using Ecutek and this situation you would be in the same boat.

Okay, lets talk about the product then.

Numerous people have had their OFT devices brick on them because when you plug in the device, it forces to auto update. The solution is to contact their support which takes a long time to respond so they can remote into your computer to reset it.
Other minor inconveniences such has having to use USB 2.0 slots, some users having issues with it on the latest Windows 10. Most recently, an owner asked if anyone else had an issue with their antivirus detecting the open flash software as a virus (false positive I believe).

Also need to purchase some erase credits if it's been unmarried too many times (I believe 5 times).

I've had mine freeze up once when I left it in my car. It reads OS is loading and won't go past that. Tried unplugging/plugging the OBD cable, turning on and off the car, plugging it into a computer.
Somehow it managed to solve itself when I left it on my desk for a day and tried to plug it in my car again the next.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention my tuner who is the owner of OFT. I can't vouch for a product if the owner of the company is not reliable. I can see why a lot of shops and tuners won't work with OFT even if it's open source. Thats why I originally said if it's for basic maps get OFT, otherwise if you're tuning for custom maps or doing anything further it's better to go with ecutek that is proven and reliable.