Old 06-07-2016, 12:28 PM   #54
KoolBRZ

Drives: Silver 2013 BRZ Ltd Auto 45,000 mi
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_GA_FRS View Post
Using Toyota WS, which was drained and filled after the cooler was installed and filled with fluid. Since this was my first track day FI, I left TC on for the first couple sessions and put it in Sport after that, not experienced enough to turn it off completely yet, especially not at Road Atlanta. Took it to the mountains yesterday to give it a good workout and see if I could recreate the codes, but no codes were thrown (ran with E85 and 93). I've considered adding a temp sensor in the trans line; adding oil temp/pressure this week, as well as boost, so an ideal time to do it. Spoke with Kris at SSP today and apparently the stock clutch is good to 400HP and the reason for the lag in shifting is due to lack of pressure from the valve body.
I can definitely see how pressure would cause a shift lag. I often let off the throttle when I shift, to get it into the next gear faster. Different fluids will also affect pressure. I'd like to see a shifting fix marketed, that only replaces one simple pressure-regulating spring, and is easy to remove and install. Oh, and cheap too!
North_GA_FRS (06-10-2016)