View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 10:26 AM   #7
MotoX16

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Ok ask tuner avoid racerom 10 it had a lot of buvs use older racerom 9.1 or newer 11.1

If the issue inly happens on e85 check what changes in tables with ethanil content will need tuner to do it
Thanks! I'll ask what version he's running. So the issue only happens on pump gas, e85 seems to cure it. My tuner thinks its a combination of the injectors' low ipw performance and how my maf is sort of unstable at low load. He says that "a car will, generally speaking, run 'smoother' all around on ethanol, all else equal, if only because the injected volume is 35% or so higher, so small variations or error in any of those things contribute less to the whole".

Do you think there's anything I could do on my end to help? I'm running ID1000's but dont know if there are better alternatives (1050X?).

It's not a huge issue, just an annoyance at this point. I can get around it by just popping the car in neutral when I coast. But backing up in parking lots is always annoying with the car constantly revving. Or I could just run ethanol all the time, but winter cold starts are brutal
MotoX16 is offline   Reply With Quote