spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,125 Times in 1,975 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
Agree with all that ^

It seems like you were being steered towards a large scale business-oriented build with a budget graphics card rather than a gaming pc.

What kinds of games would you like to play? That affects some priorities in the build imo.

I typically start with a CPU architecture, then find a (typically MSI) motherboard that supports it with features I want. Then the RAM (because the type needs to be supported by CPU/mobo). Pick out some storage and a graphics card (most everything works together here). Then a power supply with enough throughout to run the whole thing (and a bit extra because a bit of overhead is good) and a case that it all fits in. Finally buy yourself a copy of Windows and make software work. Which can be finicky if you've never installed an OS from scratch.

I like MMORPGS, RPGS. FPS, and racing. More than anything, I'm waiting for the new Elder Scrolls. I used to play it on my old computer and it was way better than my PS3, of course, it was a laptop (I was in Army school for 13 weeks) so there were some drawbacks. Then I got it for the PS4. This is all pretty new to me and its one of those things that I always heard about but never ventured myself into, mostly because of budget, and most of my saved up money went into the BRZ.
Spuds (12-22-2020)