Old 10-10-2017, 03:10 AM   #80
nikitopo

Drives: '15 BRZ RA
Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,261 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
They have historically been one of the voices deriding the power and calling for more with an eye on the refresh. They did not get a significant power increase and even claim that the marketing people upped the power listing by 5HP as a mean joke. It appears they took it personally and are therefore writing the 2017 (and the platform in general) off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowroa View Post
I think this sounds the most accurate. Paul noted that yes, it does need more power. Todd owned one and reflashed it.

Just seeing the power dip continue to be in the line, when it can be tuned out, I think was the biggest negative slap I heard.

In general, I just get disappointment and waiting for an actual change IF there is another version.
Yes, the 2017 is not boosted. So what? Did they dream to get a factory turbo? Come on ...

They are just fooling their audience. They tested the new car via butt dyno and said they didn't see any difference. Car and driver did a correct test by measuring times. I provided the links. New car has a shorter final drive ratio and better engine output. It has definitely better acceleration in top gear by several seconds. Not a tenth of a second. Same holds for all the other gears (3rd gear 2013 vs. 2017, 4th gear 2013 vs. 2017, etc.)
nikitopo is offline   Reply With Quote