View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 11:09 PM   #54
Ocala FR-S

Drives: 2013 FR-S AT Argento
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I came from a 335i sport coupe with MT that was great fun. I was ready for a change. I bought the FR-S AT mainly due to reading positive reviews and extensive descriptions of the features. I knew I wanted it and am very happy with my choice. At 1,300 miles I'm only scratching the surface of what the transmission can do. With the different modes and the ability to use the paddles in any mode. The combinations for approaching shifting are almost endless.

Regular mode is so good I'm finding it too easy to not explore the features near as much as I should. I'm thinking of dedicating a week to driving purely in manual mode with the radio off. I need to develop paddle reflex, a natural feel for shift points in varying conditions, knowing what gear I'm in without looking and generally gain proficiency in traffic. There is a surprising amount to learn and unlearn compared to MT or basic AT. It's very capable and easily as interesting and challenging as any MT I've had. I'm looking forward to plenty of fun.
Ocala FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote