Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
I don't have the luxury of a second set of wheels at the moment, my Z2SS have 12k miles on them at the moment and I believe should be good for another 3k-8k miles depending on how hard I run them, just rotated front to back and my fronts have noticeable inner and outer shoulder wear compared to the rears, I've driven them hard and easy at both a lot of camber and not enough camber.

I'm confident adjusting my plates on the fly that my toe change is minimal (totally unnoticeable from the butt dyno), hopefully sometime this winter I'll go through and generate some plots on the interdependance once I get some alignment tools so I've got data to back me up.

I was driving to work at ~2.5 degrees, ~4 miles and the inside edges were so hot they were uncomfortable to touch and the outside edges were ice cold, I went back down to my max positive that night.

Agreed, a couple thousand miles on the street is nothing compared to a hard track day, but at this point my tires are seeing at least a thousand miles between events, changing the camber is the least time intensive part of my setup (changing tire pressures takes longer, let alone brake pads) so I feel comfortable reccommending it.
I've never seen 2.5 degs wear unevenly. Are you sure you don't have a toe issue? That seems more likely.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote