View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #57
naikaidriver

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S AT Asphalt
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Its staggering all of the arm-chair Marketing Experts on here. Good grief.

This "poll" is nothing more than an attempt to illicit a response from the "F_ Scion" mob and congratulations! it worked. You should be proud.

As far as the cars that Toyota has branded "Scion" here in the US, most of them are hot sellers elsewhere in the world. (Yes, the world really IS bigger than the United States, MUCH bigger) Cars like the xB and iQ are huge sellers in Japan and Europe and that is why Toyota continues to make them. I'm sorry that some of you hate them but they are successful lines of cars that are not "pointless" elsewhere.

As far as the Scion brand goes, everyone knows it was created to make Toyota more appealing to younger buyers, just like Infiniti, Acura, and Lexus were created to appeal to more discerning buyers. Those strategies worked, it was brilliant, you're wrong, deal with it, there are much smarter people in this world than you.

Finally the FRS. Its a Toyota, its a Subaru, its a Scion... big deal, wah, wah, wah. If Fiat had made this car and sold it in the US, guess what? I would have bought it as a Fiat. Who cares? Most of you would have too. Personally I think we are lucky the car even made it to our shores unlike other fantastic cars such as the turbo Silvias, R32,33,34 Skylines (in any trim), Chasers, ect.

Scott

Last edited by naikaidriver; 02-05-2013 at 09:10 AM.
naikaidriver is offline   Reply With Quote