Mr.Impreza
Mr.Fujitsubo

Drives: 2018 STI
Thanked 1,552 Times in 784 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSheep View Post
After a couple of early mornings where the vehicle would barely start and with some no starts I knew the car was due for a new battery. Instead of going with the same stock 30lb battery from Toyota I decided to go with the FT86speedfactory lightweight battery kit. I went with this kit/setup because everything is direct bolt on and FT86SF claims to see 19-20lbs worth of weight reduction. This kit includes a Braille 11lb battery and FT86SF's own battery tray and battery tie downs. The tie downs were somewhat of a bolt on.. It ended up fitting in the end but one of the tie down rods, the one that screws into a pre-existing hole in the chassis. It did not want to screw in and required quite a bit of fiddling and plier/lube to finally get the rod in, I almost had to resort to drilling out the hole a bit bigger just to get it to fit. The threads on the top of the rod cut up my fingers due the force/fiddling I had to do to get that rod securely in but kind of my fault for not wearing gloves.. The battery tray itself was a ok fit, the little rubber grommets that are supposed to go into the preexisting battery tray holes were a tad too large causing the battery tray to not want to seat perfectly. With these being noted after installing the battery and tightening it down, It does seem secure. It doesn't seem like it's going to tip over or move so that's a plus.
Great write up!
I will probably consider this in the future since I basically have nothing else to do to the car anymore haha.

Oh yeah...and nice build

Mr.Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Impreza For This Useful Post:
MisterSheep (12-06-2017)