View Single Post
Old 03-22-2022, 04:52 PM   #2001
Max johnson

Drives: toyota
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutterboy View Post
congrats on the purchase and welcome. highly advise a header to remove your torque dip and add significant better drive feel and extra hp.

next one after that would be a open flash tablet so you could truly maximize the gains from the header with an OTS tune.

i gained alot of extra grins from those two adds before i jumped full into a turbo kit, and then the adds continued from there lol.

although the latest adds were forced upon me made for a bit of an adventure as you can see two pages back in this thread with the throwout bearing burning up which pushed me to do a lightened flywheel and stage 1 clutch with verus clutch fork. figured i'd build back stronger rather than throw the cash to a shop.

have had additional issues with coil packs which typically go at 100k km mark, i'm working on a warranty issue with ignition projects in the interim the cheapy spectra coil pack from rock auto seems to be holding up.

take care and have fun as spring comes with dry roads. can't wait to get my summer 245 falken's back on and sit a little lower and wider to put the turbo power back on the ground!

also vented the hood this last summer to get the engine bay temps down and hopefully keep coils alive.

Wow, great tips! Very useful. thank you.
Max johnson is offline   Reply With Quote