Old 01-29-2014, 10:09 PM   #11
Boxer486
Banned

Drives: small
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suberman View Post
Autocar in the UK got their Fiesta ST 2 around a longer track faster than the Toyota GT86 by 0.5 seconds in a 1:53 lap.

These two cars are very close.

The GT86 is reputed to be more softly spring than the BRZ especially in the front.

What does that tell you? The only advantage the Fiesta has is torque. Any close analysis clearly indicates the 86 is the better handling car and I would be shocked if anyone said otherwise because that would be insane.

For a tuner it comes down to what do you prefer to mod, power or chassis. As someone who can turn a wrench and do my own math, I prefer to buy my cars based on chassis ability, the rest is easy enough to fix. Though each will still speak to those who prefer to not touch the car at all but for different reasons.

What is interesting at the end looking at the numbers, even though the ST has a slightly better 60-0 braking (114ft versus 116/117ft) the BRZ kills it in braking on the track even w/ Prius tires. Sector 3 also shows the difference in chassis balance between the two. Nice to actually have a review display sector times.

Last edited by Boxer486; 01-29-2014 at 10:23 PM.
Boxer486 is offline   Reply With Quote