Old 08-03-2020, 10:01 PM   #126
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KR-S View Post
Just curious - do you know which of the two was driving poorly in that instance - the CRX or the FR-S driver, or both of them?

Also, did SCCA actually hand out penalties to the other red FR-S driver or the RX-8 driver? Even an organization that lax should recognize that there was clearly some dangerous driving there.
CRX and STU FRS drivers were not from the PacNW so I don't know them. I didn't see video and only overheard half the story so I really can't say who did what on track.

The black RX8 and the Red FRS received reprimands. Nothing beyond that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
I wouldn't want to be on the track at all with the driver of the red 86. That was hard core Bush league stuff right there. Hell, depending on the reaction of SCCA I wouldn't want to participate in any of their events. I'm a pretty patient, tolerant guy, but when it comes to unsafe, malicious driving I have no tolerance.
I generally agree but those drivers have a history and from what it sounds like, it's a history of the FRS being on the receiving end of fixing body work and lack of penalties ever being issued. This was likely building for some time.

Nonetheless - it would NEVER have happened if the SCCA would actually penalize drivers for avoidable contact and No, reprimands are NOT penalties.