Old 10-07-2020, 11:15 AM   #641
shiumai

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ, 2020 C8 Corvette
Thanked 1,893 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
Same here. They are damn sexy. I'd like to own some roller locked goodness one day.
Do it! I have so many regrets about not buying certain firearms when they were available because I thought they'd always be available, and not go up in price much. Boy, was I wrong.

Just curious - I grew up fascinated by the MP5 because I was influenced as a young teen seeing the SAS storm the Iranian Embassy, and of course the movie Die Hard; but I'm wondering what you younger guys (I'm making an assumption) experienced that makes you want one. I mean, it's a pretty old design, and back then there weren't all the different pistol caliber carbines or semi-auto versions of sub guns that we have nowadays.

Does the MP5 still hold its legendary status with the younger generation as it does with us older guys, or...? And why? Just the love of classic and cool designs?

I mean, as far as ergonomics go, the HK series of weapons can't beat an AR platform in speed and manipulation, but for me, they're still very cool even though they're a bit outdated. I still have a HK93 which is no where as easy to shoot as an AR, but I still like having one. It also draws way more attention than an AR, and I'm sometimes surprised by that.
shiumai is offline   Reply With Quote