View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 01:36 PM   #160
350matt

Drives: toyota mr2/ Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc209 View Post
I think you are right Matt. It doesnt make sense to release just a pulley kit for +30hp unless it is validated on the stock internals.

I think 350hp would blow a stock engine pretty quickly because of the low end torque it would make.

alexisfire02 blew his stock motor with the sprintex 335.... 280WHP... on the way home from fitting

civicdrivr broke a rod using a vortech kit at about 286WHP on the 9th dyno run...

There are alot of people putting down more power, but those seem to be the lower power failures I have seen that couldn't be explained by anything other than mechanical failure.

so the kit is already making 280 +Bhp and about 250Whp to add another 30Bhp would push it into the danger territory by the sounds of it where you need uprated rods to survive

Now I agree the issue is probably not the top end power, rather the low end where there's no inertia relief from high rpm to help the rod stress

so a careful tune where you don't open the throttle fully or don't use MBT spark until 4000rpm 'should' save the rod

this would need cylinder pressure kit to do properly so I doubt 95% tuners will do this
350matt is offline   Reply With Quote