Thread: Dealer Markups
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 01:22 PM   #3
TheDonEffect

Drives: A mix
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This is an interesting question that I've been thinking about too. Will there be dealers doing this? Absolutely. Will it be largely successful, and therefore unlikely to be a cause for concern, I think so.

This car is not coming with a ton of hype, it's a pretty mild refresh. I don't think this will bring in a new audience but rather just give a reason for existing fans to either trade in or get off the bench and buy one. The power update didn't really raise any eyebrows, the design is better but it is somewhat polarizing.

I remember when the first gens came out, after all the people who pre-ordered got theirs, I'd say about 8 months later, the lots began filling up. My buddy got his in the bay area in early 2014 (2014 limited WRB) for below invoice with just a few emails.

The Supra and Type R names alone will generate a ton of interest, and were brand new models when introduced. The hype with the Supra died almost immediately, Type R values are still strong though.

The only caveat I'd say though is possible lower production, whether intentional or not given all the supply chain issues in the global market right now, and the car market right now is just insane. So within that context, it is possible.

My perspective on it is in about 6 months after introduction, you should be able to get a respectable deal, ie no ADM, and with a discount. Homerun, internet forum lore type deals though I doubt.

I remember a couple of years ago, I was shopping for an ND2, and I still keep an eye on pricing for those. Fast forward to today, I would be lucky to get the prices I was quoted then.
TheDonEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDonEffect For This Useful Post:
timurrrr (05-05-2021), Wally86 (05-12-2021)