View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 11:54 AM   #28
BRX

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinS View Post
Traction Control may still work. I have found a definite difference between traction on and traction off during hard acceleration (I have traction issues up to 4th gear a lot of the time) and during Auto-X. I believe the system utilizes the rear brakes as a means to control rear wheel slip.

Also, the factory oil pressure sensor is a dummy sensor. It grounds out and turns the oil pressure light on when it sees 0 psi. Light stays off if not hooked up. I ditched it early on for a proper oil pressure gauge. So unless you absolutely want it, it's not needed. By the time that light goes off, your engine is just about guaranteed to be dead.
That's what my friend said as well about traction control. We only need to figure out where to tap the ABS signal from the 86 to the 3UR ECU to make it fully functional. It would take some time to figure out + "translation" but it's definitely do-able. I just don't really need it lol. The brakes may still come on to manage traction, Toyota calls this "Auto LSD" on their trucks. but with it not connected to the ECU to cut power it will just power through the brakes like in a burnout situation.

Good to know about the oil pressure switch. I'll probably just ground it now. I was going to run an oil pressure gauge regardless. One less thing to worry about, thanks

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
BRX is offline   Reply With Quote