Thread: 3UR-FE Swap
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 11:17 AM   #26
BRX

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I went out of town last week so not a lot of progress while I was gone.

Driveshaft is done, we ended up shorting the factory driveshaft by deleting the elbow joint and welding them together. 0 vibration while balancing at about 3000RPM (about 60 MPH in an 86/BRZ).

A new shifter linkage was made. It goes into every gear without any issues just like stock.

Crankcase was cut to fit the cross member. We will try to use the factory oil pan but might end up cutting it a bit for clearance.

On the electronic side of the swap, my friend Gerald over in California has all the CAN BUS IDs mapped out. Everything should work as factory with the exception of traction control which I don't use anyway.

We have Coolant temp, throttle pedal signal, cruise control (they use the same signal as the 86/BRZ), and a lot of other stuff Gerald figured out to make it work.

The factory 86 oil pressure switch will be tapped into the oil filter adapter plate to turn off the oil pressure light.

RPM is also working however we still need to figure out the multiplier on the 3UR side to get the exact RPM. Either way power steering will work now that we have a tach signal.

AC will be wired directly as it doesn't pass through CAN BUS on the 3UR side.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
BRX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRX For This Useful Post:
DustinS (11-20-2017), Sportsguy83 (11-20-2017)