View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 02:50 PM   #25
RallySTI

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Let's add the lever ratio of the fork into the mix for shits & giggles.

Where does that adjustment happen?
There is no adjustment that happens. This compression is why the clutch disengages sooner in the pedal stroke as the disc wears thinner.

The fork lever ratio is 1.6:1 (120 mm/ 75 mm) according to my measurement of the sample (30531-AA220) that I have. Your calculations are about the same at 1.62:1 so our math jives. YAAAAA math class

So the OE clutch diaphragm spring needs to see 7.5 mm of movement to achieve the 1.0 mm of plate lift to allow disengagement of the clutch disc.

So lets say the disc is worn to a point that the stack height has increased 4.0 mm from the "new" installed stack height.

So with the factory set pedal adjustment and the same volume of fluid is moved to the slave the extension of the slave cylinder will be the same. The clutch with the 4.0 mm increased stack height will achieve the needed 7.5 mm of movement sooner in the clutch pedal stroke.

Does this make sense ?

If we use the 1.6:1 lever ratio for the fork and the 7.5 mm DSP stroke needed (max stroke on the drawing says 9.0 mm) we want to see around 12-15 mm of extension from the slave cylinder with the OE EXEDY clutch for proper plate lift. Which I showed this in the video I linked earlier in this thread.

There are multiple variants that can affect the needed travel and clutch function such as disc wear, fork deflection, fluid viscosity, clutch and flywheel stack height, release bearing, debris in the pressure plate assembly from disc wear, conditions of internal seals in both cylinders...etc.
RallySTI is offline   Reply With Quote