View Single Post
Old 04-01-2023, 08:36 PM   #22
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,470 Times in 4,993 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
10 years in aerospace, I saw the tools that were supposed to replace me 10 years ago, 10 years later they're nowhere. My job at one point could distilled into crunching numbers and turning them into real products and geometry, clearly defined design rules and parameters that were in easily digestible spreadsheet forms before I even started doing the job, the perfectly ideal candidate for "ai automation". 10 years and some of the human written macros got more sophisticated faster and reliable, the 'ai' version is nowhere.

Every AI tool I've ever seen is a glorified goal seek, if your job is more complicated then 1 sentence you're safe. Tesla Google Apple every major auto manufacturer and a bunch of smaller companies have spent billions and billions of dollars and man hours over a decade+ to automate delivery driver with limited success. The idea that screenwriters will be replaced by chatGPT or doctors by robots (I interviewed at one of the companies that does remote surgery, seemed like a shitshow, we ended the interview early mutually) is fucking hilarious.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
alex87f (04-02-2023), MyHybridBurnsGasAndTires (04-03-2023)