View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 12:57 PM   #18
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
After several testing, I can finally give you guys 2 products review. Both of them were my selfish request (and few member's wishes) products.

First one is @Beastronix's Pedal Dance + ABS kit
Second one is @GSpeed's Gas Pedal Kit

I want to thank both for listening to my request and actually making it.

Start off from Beastronix's Pedal Dance + ABS kit. I've been following Beastronix or should I say, 86Nanny for a while. Since he made VSC+TC off module for our car. When he decided to make new module Pedal Dance kit, I requested to make one that can disable ABS as an option.

I know you guys prob have few questions, so let me answer few of em:

Q1 - What's Pedal Dance?
A - You can read the thread here for that: Pedal Dance

Q2 - Why disable ABS?
A - Can't drift with ABS on. Yes, not only autox, but I do drift & time attack as well.

Q3 - Why not just pull the ABS fuse?
A - Cuz if I pull the ABS fuse, I'll disable PS (Powersteering) as well. For my selfish reason, I want ABS off, but keep PS on.

Q4 - Why Beastronix instead of other company?
A - Hm... there might be several excuses for that, but for me, he sounded more passionate about his products and listen to the people/customer for their wants.

Installation

It's pretty simple plug and play. You don't need to be rocket scientist nor mechanic to install this... but there might be few problem/concern installing.

1. Need to drill a hole. If you don't like drilling a hole into a new car, but want this kit, you might need to look for other options. Cuz you do require to drill a whole. I drilled a hole into the common spot everyone was drill (& prob meant to). I was a bit scared, but it wasn't my first time drilling something into my car. Double made sure it's on the right spot and drill my way.

2. Location of module. I'm pretty sure it vary with each setup, but it might be better to have standard spot to hide that module... or maybe I missed it in the instruction. I've zip tied it to one of dash pillar, so it's out of the way and unless I go under the dash, I won't see it (I tried to take a pic... but it all came blur).

Performance

Tested out several events and it performed the way it should be. There was one issue... but FYI, issue was my end and not Beastronix. Reason why bring this up is, when I brought the concern, he replied back pretty quickly. It was within 24hrs of sending the message in FB. Customer service is excellent!

Not sure about you guys, but when I'm getting ready to race, I got so~~~ much stuff gotta do. Change tires, put the numbers on the side, pull everything off from the car, get helmet and lists goes on and on. I don't got time warm up my car, pull ebrake 3 times, push brake 3 times blah blah blah blah. I just simply push the button hold it for few secs and done! I'm in PD mode with ABS off! I want ABS? One more push and done! I can focus on all the other things.

Module do conncect to OBDII, but module itself is and can be hidden very well and it doesn't get in the way. Again, I've zip tied it to one of dash pillar, so it's won't get in my way. My right leg don't touch the OBDII connector nor even get near it.

Make things more plus is some of you guys don't have TPMS on their aftermarket wheels. This module can reset the sensor to clear the light for you as well! I have TPMS on my daily tires, but I don't have one on my winter sets, so winter season, I'll be using that!

Conclusion

You track, autox, drift or any kind of racing. I would highly recommend this. You never gonna disable ABS? Go with Pedal Dance Kit (it's $20 cheaper!). If you just want TC&VSC off? They got one! You want to customize your own? Send him an email! He's a nice guy, he'll work with you. I've met him in person at this year's 86EXPO and he's a nice guy.

If you guys want one, go here: Beastronix

I'll do Gas Pedal kit review on new post, so stay tune