Old 02-10-2021, 10:26 AM   #439
DarkSunrise

Drives: 22 BRZ (Previously 13 FR-S)
Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,220 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k View Post
Oh I agree with you all on that front. Heaviest car I've ever had was 3200 lb (Golf Wagon TDI) and the heaviest sports car I've ever owned was the Cayman (2998 lb as weighed at RRR). But I think a drastic change could be fun, for a bit.

Failure points on the M156 engine are: stretched head bolts, stuck (open) fuel injectors, premature wear on camshafts and premature failure of cam adjusters. The last two happen from not following a rigorous oil change regiment. The faulty headbolts were replaced with a redesigned part midway through 2010 and do not afffect later year models.

I drove a P31 C63 this past Monday afternoon. P31 denotes that it has the forged engine internals from the SLS M159 engine, LSD, 2 piece front brake rotors and painted brake calipers. It also has 30 more hp (481 vs 451) but that is a moot point really as the engine was artificially restricted from the factory and a simple ECU tune bumps the power from 451 to 540ish hp. The car I drove had, besides a tune, long tube headers and aftermarket midpipes. The sound was insane, yet completely civic when cruising around off throttle. Current owner recently had the transmission fluid flushed, fuel injectors and spark plugs replaced and valve cover gaskets replaced. Its something that I would track just 1-2 times a year.

Tempting, even though I've been a die hard 3 pedal guy my whole driving life. Can always sell the car if I get tired of it.
Honestly I think a heavy, automatic, fast car is going to get boring quickly. But looks like you've done your research, test drove the car and enjoyed it.

So I say go for it. You've had a number of lightweight cars in the past, may as well try something different. You'll know for sure whether you enjoy driving it over the next year. Like you said, if you don't like it, you can sell it and pick up a gen 2 BRZ at that point. Main thing you'd be paying is the taxes on the transaction.

2022 BRZ Build
2013 FR-S Build
DarkSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote