Old 03-18-2020, 12:59 PM   #51
ROFL it's Waffle
The guy w/o an FRS or BRZ

Drives: '23 GR86 Premium 6MT Halo White
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrashaky View Post
Then they'll hear my Torque Tubes, which curl back on themselves to fit unequal pipes in a relatively cramped space. "Hey man, how'd you get your Jeep to sound like that?"

"$1300 in the exhaust from header to tailpipe. Banks Torque Tubes, Magnaflow cat, Gibson muffler and ceramic coating at Swain." (Cheap by our Subaru standards, right?)

"Fuck that! I got my header off Ebay for $100 and my Flowmaster for $80. You just wasted a shitload of money!"

And your Jeep sounds like a lawnmower. Enjoy that drone.
That's why the simple answer is "headers." I generally don't throw price around with mods. If they REALLY want to replicate it, they will do the research and find out on their own, research some more, realize "yup, that's the price... <sticker shock>.... but that sound though..... yeah.... <convincing themselves it's unique and adds value>.... okay... time to money up."

That's where I'm at right now. Stock exhaust on my S2K is... quiet. I need to attend some meets this summer and try to hear some exhausts in person. I generally like anything that comes out of Tomei, but the drone on this car is similar to e-bay brands... I want to be able to hear a difference from the cockpit, which is pretty isolated compared to the exterior. But, since it's a summer car, maybe I can write off the drone and just deal with it since, I'm the only one driving most 99% of the time.
ROFL it's Waffle is offline   Reply With Quote