View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 08:50 AM   #1
johnowow

Drives: 2015 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rough Start, Squeaking, & Hesitant in Stop & Go

Hey y’all, not sure if this is in the right sub topic but if it’s not please correct me.

Was looking to see others inputs before I say F it and just bring it to Toyota for a general diagnosis but also don’t want to get bothered about buying a set of tires.

So in short, for the past week, car’s been having a rough time starting. Starts on the first go but takes an extra second or two during the crank to light. Things I’ve checked: cleaned intake filter, cleaned MAF sensor, checked battery. All are good now. Once that’s done cars starts up a lot better and runs a lot better too but rough starts are intermittent. Come a day or two later and now there’s a squeaking noise near front left of vehicle under the hood. Not sure if it’s any significance but would like to bring it up. Squeaking happens during normal cruising driving but mostly heard when going from a stop when RPM’s dip on start.

Come to most recent, was at an In-N-Out line so frequent stop and goes and the car hesitates bad. Right when I put the gas down, RPM’s dip and sounds like it’s almost down. Have to put pedal down all the way to even get some action but car is resisting heavy and takes about 10 seconds of constant RPM dipping til I can get it to 2000k and it’ll go. Once moving it’s fine but seems like going was the hard part.

Thoughts? I know online is not a best place for direct answers but would love to hear your guys trouble shooting steps for a problem like this. Thanks in advance and happy holidays!
johnowow is offline   Reply With Quote