Feeling like thinking....

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,433 Times in 1,064 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
So... Alaska?
Sure would punch most of the buttons. Not so sure about the thriving jazz scene or snorkeling, but obviously there is no perfect place that will do it all. Alaska is definitely on my short list. Unfortunately, it's not ANYWHERE on my wife's list ... soo.... will probably have to be happy with an extended visit there in the near future, or being single. I've been single, and I've been married. Married, at least to the wife I have, is much better.

Still... the dream was fun. Still working on getting that impossible list prioritized. The more I think things through, the more having personal ACCESS to all of those things within a few hours, using private transportation rather than commercial airlines (shudder), is really the key. Nice house, quiet peaceful private area, small plane in hangar w/in 20 minute drive (or on property if possible), with comfortable temps (meaning NOT hot and humid... I have no issues with snow or cold) and limited bugs (I HATE mosquitos and black flies.. they look at me like I look at a fresh wood-fired pizza)... that's probably the main thing. Other issues would veer off into politics.... let's just say I'd probably fit better in South Dakota or Montana than my current NYS residence.
Spuds (10-08-2020)