pgranberg11
BoostedBRZ

Drives: Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobe38 View Post
That does help, thanks a lot!

So I was thinking about you saying you were making a splitter, and I realized I totally saw you at round 5 last october. I was in a white brz, gold rpf1. i was checking out your car while you must have been away, and if you are interested in selling, i might be interested in buying your verus splitter. just saying

anyways, should my supercharger build end in disaster, I'll probably copy your turbo route. switching boost maps sounds pretty awesome.

noted about the vents. i'll leave it for a rainy day. plenty to do now. I was intrigued by the lower vents they sell though. https://racelouvers.com/brz-fr-s-86-...l-fender-trim/

I am brake ducting but just channeling air into the wheel well, not direct to hub. these, i think, might help move air through. I guess its a half-measure to cutting the fenders and folding that metal inward like a lot of people do
nice! i think i remember seeing your brz. i'm sure we'll meetup in person one of these gridlife events. i plan on going to most of them this year. I'll most likely do those too. The top vents are nice to remove high pressure caused by the wheel/tire itself so it helps with the top. The back fender vents will really help evacuate the rest. it'll especially help if you run splitter diffusers since a lot more air is being moved through that entire region.

My reasoning behind it is people have both the top vents and then the rear cut outs... but based on our fender design... there isn't really a lot of "space" per se to cut out or cut and bend in that would look good. So adding the extra vents will be the move.

as far as the brake ducting, I use to run the verus ones. when I upgraded to the stoptech bbk, the verus brake ducts were working so well i over cooled my rotors. After i collected some data with brake caliper temperature stickers I came to the conclusion that I didn't need the brake ducts anymore. So unless you absolutely think you need to run brake ducts, I wouldn't run them until data shows otherwise. if your pads/brake fluids are not performing to your expectation maybe your pad choice or brake fluid need to be upgraded. - again this is just recommendation/speculation since i have no idea what your brake setup is and i'm just sharing my experience.

oh, as far as the verus splitter goes, I wouldn't feel comfortable selling it since it's kinda beaten up and i'm re-using some of the hardware with the new splitter i'm building. I do have the carbon fiber splitter end plates for sale though. I was most likely going to list those for 100 on here when i get to it.
pgranberg11 is offline   Reply With Quote