View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 12:28 PM   #41
Thefalls

Drives: Corolla GT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
UPDATE: I took the car in for the alignment. Here are the results. I am ordering some Michelin Pilot 4S, so I have them ready. I think the toe is part of the problem, but because the left front is so good and the right front is so bad, and the toe seems to be both bad, I can only conclude that perhaps it is just the driving style.

I was explaining to the technician how the left rear kicks out to the left under heavy throttle like 99% of the time, and how I thought it does it less with traction control on, which leads me to believe it is the VSC, and he said that could be the case. I asked how I could have such bad wear on one and good wear on the other, and the technician says in the US we make more right hand turns, which makes sense like I am much more likely to make a power slide on right hand turns from a stop (for fun) than during wider and longer left hand turns. Maybe that could explain some of it. I don't know.

Your Tech is right in what he said. I have noticed the same thing. Left rear has more wear due to same driving style.
Thefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thefalls For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (08-01-2020)