Old 01-11-2021, 05:13 PM   #891
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Enthusiast View Post
Same. I feel that they wanted to keep the brand recognition from the C6 and C7 in the C8. But the look and proportions that look great on an FR car look weird in a MR car. I especially dislike the side view of the C8. This is both from photos/videos and seeing a couple on the road.
It does look exotic and menacing.
It is definitely the side that I don't like the most. In general, mid engine cars just don't look great to me. Ferraris pull off the curves better, and Lamborghinis are more sleek and the V12s make for a longer rear. The C8 is a little more pedestrian looking from the side like 370Z or 86 with a round cabin in the middle.

It is not as crazy looking in pictures, as it is in person, but the C7 has a longer hood with a pinch point between the engine and cabin and a loot like it is ready to pounce. Aesthetically, I tend to like FR GT cars with the gold ratio like the Aston Martin. Just look at this Ferrari Superfast or even the smooth Roma. The Superfast really has that same pinched area between the engine and cabin like the C7 and Viper.

gymratter (01-12-2021), Ohio Enthusiast (01-12-2021)