View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 06:06 AM   #2
Transport3r

Drives: -
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blighty View Post
So I've been looking at videos and reading barely understandable auto-generated translations.

There are two things that have stuck out so far, and neither will probably surprise anyone.

1 - The GR86/BRZ have different clutch engagement or accelerator pedal feel.
2 - The GR86 has been been made to oversteer a lot.

Its the second one I'm a bit more worried about - because its not like the BRZ seems unable to kick its read out, it just seems like the GR86 is willing to lose it with very little power.

While I do think that the current model BRZ/86 on performance tires needs more power, particularly the BRZ, I don't think either will need to tune more oversteer now that it has more power.

edit - was watching this one posted earlier.

Now it might well just be tires (I think I made out the word Bridgestone while one guy was riding in the GR86), or I might just be seeing things and thinking that 'sex party with still stiffness' means something entirely different.

I'd love it if anyone who might speak Japanese can give us a summary of what's being said about the driving differences...

edit: was watching this posted elsewhere

The zenki GT86 was like that too. I remember test driving an FR-S and halfway through a light drizzle started. I was coming from a 400hp 335i with 265s in the back, and the FR-S was almost impossible to drive straight with my expectation of grip. The front end never washed out, but the back end always stepped out when you were thinking about going near the throttle mid corner. The BRZ needed a bit more tossing to break loose.

I ended up choosing the BRZ, not related to the handling differences though. Although I always found it interesting that a simple spring change made the character between the cars so significantly different feeling.
Transport3r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Transport3r For This Useful Post:
Blighty (04-06-2021), jeepmor (06-09-2021)