dem00n
Member of the year - 2016

Drives: Scion FRS
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
based on demoon's post I decided to ramble, instead of deleting per usual I'll just throw it up there

To be fair the naturally aspirated ones have a good reliability track record, at least as reliable as any other sports car of the era and with only a handful of moving parts rebuilds are reasonable, hitting >100k with regular maintenance and zero issues is the norm assuming the owner does the maintenance required and doesn't try any funny business.

I think the only interesting sports car of the time that could give it a run for it's money in terms of ownership costs, reliability, and smiles would be the MR2.

It would be hard to convince me to go Z31 over a MK2 Supra, and then you're entering the realm of Porsche 928 and 944's. Holy shit the early 80's kind of rocked, gas was cheap again, we just spent five years figuring out how to make cars lighter and cheaper and meet emissions without destroying power, even the Trans-Ams and Mustangs weren't too terrible.

Fuck I gotta buy an RX-7 before prices go through the roof, it will be a weird day when SA/FB are rivaling the prices of equivalent quality FD's, probably within five years.
Exactly, the norm for the RX-7 is 100k miles, the Z31 norm for N/A is 300k miles. The Z31's are dirt cheap and unlike many cars from the 80's, very slowly apprenticing.

The 928's, 924 and even 944's are going up in price. Look at 928 prices, you use to be able to pick up a show quality one for $8k.

But the Z31's are still in part the red headed step child sports car of Nissan. My post shouldn't be taken all that seriously.