jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,013 Times in 1,457 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddevl_86 View Post
Today, I learned the true importance of fastener clips used in the wheel wells...

Saw this monstrosity last night when inspecting the passenger headlight for a ballast/bulb issue on my brand new VLands.

I was fearful if I fucked somethin up with the wiring. I didn't, all is secure thankfully! At the same time, I wondered if something caught fire and I had further troubles coming my way... after messing with the flap, I now understand that the vibrations/wind loosed the bottom clip and made the fender flap hit/rub the tire in some fashion, thereby also removing the bottom portion of the encasement and shredding the wall.

Now I gotta get under there and ziptie some loose wires that I thought were safe from elements, and now are not.

In the case of the passenger headlight not firing properly, they've got a pair of new ballasts and D2H bulbs coming at no cost to me! I cannot recommend Fuji Racing Co. https://fujiracingco.com (from Dallas, TX) enough! John there, has been one of the most sincere and coolest people I've had the pleasure of doing business with, especially when it comes to customer service. He's gone above and beyond any measure of excellence in helping me.

Ill be stopping by Home Depot/Lowes tomorrow to pick up a ton of new clips for the front bumper cover, since I'll need to remove it again anyways to fix the headlights. Gonna go through and replace every last one of those suckers so its done proper and I dont have this problem again. Although Ive already received damage to one side of the wheel well, its better safe than sorry at this point.

Anyone got a link to just the passenger plastic wheel well for cheap? also, thanks for reading this essay hahah
I got mine for 36$ direct from dealer

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jflogerzi For This Useful Post:
ddevl_86 (12-13-2020), Spankopotomous (12-17-2020)