Thread: Kaleb’s 86
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 09:58 AM   #28
Kaleb765

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S Raven Black
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Made a little more progress this weekend, I bought a Tomei UEL header and overpipe, as well as an Openflash tablet. I got the stock pieces out a few days before my new stuff arrived just to save some time on the install.
I was bored one night and I ended up wrapping the oil pan in some heat reflective tape I had, I figured it might help reflect a tiny amount of heat from the new header. The Tomei kit comes with heat wrap so I figured the 2 combined would help somewhat, and it’s gold so that has to add an extra HP or two...right??
I was really impressed with how complete the Tomei kit is, everything you could need is included, and the welds all looked amazing! The install was very easy, except for the one stud on the inside of the drivers side, I think this might be from the UEL design, but still a very easy job.
I took the car out for a test drive and the difference is pretty noticeable even without a tune, and I actually didn’t get a CEL which was a surprise. I’m pretty happy with the sound, and cruising at highway speed is way more mellow than I thought it was going to be, I won’t be switching up my exhaust setup anytime soon!
Now I’m ready for the Openflash tune, but I’m having some trouble. I don’t have a windows computer, and I kept getting a “COMM_ERROR” message on my buddy’s computer when trying to load the tune from the Openflash Manager, I’m going to pick up a cheap laptop today and see if I can figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kaleb765 is offline   Reply With Quote