MisterSheep
Killed Scion

Drives: 2013 FR-S Whiteout
Thanked 7,307 Times in 4,485 Posts
Mentioned: 334 Post(s)
Tagged: 185 Thread(s)
Garage
New brake setup!

In preparation for a upcoming tack day I installed all new rotors and pads on all 4 corners. For pads I chose the winmax W3 pads due to the information on this thread http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68486 To me it seemed like the W3 pads were the best all around for a DD/street vehicle that does spirited drives on the weekends and occasional track days. They supposedly make very minimal noise and have some bite even when cold. I paired these pads with DBA T2 slotted rotors to try them out on the track and see how they perform on the street as well. Also, the T2 are almost half the price of the T3 2 piece DBA rotors.

post track review;

I have very little time with these pads on the street but after bedding these in they REALLY like to bite when warm. You definitely notice the difference when these pads are warm vs cold. The cold performance isn't horrible, approximately the same as stock brake pads. Driving around town and on the freeway I didn't notice many noises coming from the pads themselves beside the occasional squeal when coming to a very slow stop at low speeds. I noticed the noise from the slotted rotors more than the pads themselves. Now at the track these brakes got to temperature quickly and performed very well. Unfortunately the track I was at is brake intensive and found that the paint on the outside had started bubbling from the heat. These would be great pads for someone who is just starting to track their car and don't want to run dedicated track pads. Unfortunately for me, I've learned that I'll have to run dedicated track pads because I feel that I was overheating these pads and pushing them past their potential. The day after the track day Neal over @The Racers Line had noticed and informed me that there was quite a bit of pad smear on the rotors. Also after the track day I have noticed louder and more frequent squeaking coming from these pads, but they may just need to be bedded in again.
Originally Posted by KR-S 86 View Post
What are you talking about? You just killed one of the worst brands in history according to enthusiasts. People will be worshipping you like sheep.
MisterSheep is offline   Reply With Quote